Basic Sketch - 100
+ Pen Lines - Add 100
+ Basic Shading/Colored Pencil Coloring - Add 50
My hope is to have them finished in the next few days, but will have a better scan/photo of them a few days afterward. I'd prefer payment upfront, please!
Current Progress: 0/400
Hi guys! As much as I love this design (the subtle scales! the red paws and white rimmed fins!), I don't have a lot of time to devote to the Leech community, and have been feeling really guilty about letting them collect dust. So they're UFT/S to hopefully find a new home!
I'd be looking for the price I purchased them for in the original sale, $25/2500 , or maybe pop. CS. Feel free to try me, but keep in mind I'm not really active in a lot of communities (only really Mothcats, Cookie Doves, and Paralogos).
Please only offer art as an add-on [eg., mix of art/USD]! Thanks.
So, without further ado, in alphabetical order...
AGE: Middle Aged
TH LINK: Here!
Casanova - One of Anton's twin sons. Ever since Casanova's fur began to fall out, the two have gotten even closer.
Valentine - The second of Anton's twin sons. Valentine likes to help with the baking sometimes along with their Bumblebun, Praline, and Anton wears every sweater his son knits for him with pride.
Rumo - A recent addition to Anton's life. Anton caught the big Mothcat staring wistfully at his baking. After a few days, to Anton's great surprise, the rough-looking Mothcat asked shyly if they could be Anton's apprentice. Anton's unsure what to think - it's clear the Mothcat has a rough past, but he's willing to give them a shot.
Grinch - This Mothcat just kind of barges into Anton's shop, "samples" all of his cooking, and won't stop talking about himself, taking Anton's silence for acquiescence. Anton doesn't like Grinch all that much, but at least he eats his more eccentric confections.
TH LINK: Here!
Jaeger - Alcohol-namesake drinking buddies!
C & Sparrow - Pirates who must scream. Occasional drunk adventures.
Helena - Brandy grew close with Helena during Helena's time on the ship. Brandy admires Helena's wisdom and skill navigating by stars. Brandy may have even had a little crush on her... she was disappointed when Helena moved to the mainland, they remain friends.
'W'hiskey - Is it bad so many of Brandy's friends are named after alcohol like she is? Ladies who reminisce about their lives over a drink.
Art by @/fanface
AGE: Older Teen
TH LINK: Here!
No matter what they do
They will never
Make it there
To where you
Know you will be going
- Give It Up, I Fight Dragons
Tisias - Pretentious friends. Caspian's plays will sometimes become vehicles for monologues about Tisias's opinions on vegetarianism, but he's happy to oblige!
Lakshmi - Shmi is always willing to volunteer in Caspian's plays, even when others won't. She tries her best.
Martin - A comparably hammy Bumblebun who's always willing to fill a role if it means he gets some of the spotlight!
Evil-lyn - Ever since a mishap production of Romeow and Mewliet when they were children, Caspian and Eve have been teen rivals, constantly trading insults. Caspian thinks that Eve is a reckless bully who would rather waste her life complaining than doing something productive.
Art by @/Shadonut
AGE: Middle Aged
TH LINK: Here!
Shenandoah - Citha loves to gently mother this small sad cat, and Shenandoah is gentle in turn to Citha's spiders.
Ivy - An acknowledged and valued Ally of Spiders
Althea - An enthusiastic fellow spider lover. Citha thinks that her jumping spider, Atlas, is super cute!
'U'ki - Citha has taught them the way of the spidner.
Ilex - When Ilex and Citha interact, they speak only in ridiculously stilted formalities. It's clear whatever happened between them in the past, they haven't moved beyond it yet.
Art by @/DarlingJess
AGE: Young Adult
TH LINK: Here!
It's burning down, I gotta drown this out
And you said you need me to let this go
But it's who I am, or am I just losing it?
'Cause you said jump and I went first
But falling's always been my downfall
Elara - Damien looks up to this Mothcat, though he wouldn't admit it.
Arche - They have a bit of an odd relationship. As handsome and charming as Arche is, these two always seem on the verge of butting heads...
Sinope - The squad wouldn't be the same without its technology expert! Damien doesn't have much patience for gadgets, but he'll sometimes bring Sinope some materials if he can find them.
Giovanni - These cats cross paths occasionally on rainy, moody days, have a conversation with each other, and then part ways. Damien enjoys his company, but hasn't felt the need to seek him out.
Oz & Lori - Damien met Oz and Lori at a bar one night, and the couple were soon enamored with the "bad boy." Damien used this a little to his advantage for free drinks and dinner and the like, but came to actually enjoy their company. They're a little bit of normalcy in his life.
Ripley - Chimera cats gotta stick together!
Rumo - Damien invited the cat to be a member of the Squad. What he didn't anticipate was that the quiet, bulky cat would become super beloved super quickly. Why? What have they done that's so great? Is this jealousy?
Shenandoah - A pathetic waste of a powerful magical object.
Argus - A rude boy. Super rude. Weirdly protective of the angel one, are they related somehow? Doesn't matter. Rude.
Art by @/KieyRevange
AGE: Older Teen
TH LINK: Here!
Leading you down into my core
Where I've become so numb
- Bring Me To Life, Evanescence
Haru - A fellow teen that Eve is comfortable being herself around. They have Super Deep (pseudo)philosophical conversations about life and how hard it is when No One Understands.
Ivy - Ivy and Eve swap heavy metal recommendations, like the HARDCORE CATS they are.
Althea - A spider-loving friend who's always willing to go exploring or take a dare.
Coe - DOWN WITH THE MAN!
Tisias - Pretentious? Won't stop talking?? Not a fan???
Cassie - Ever since a mishap production of Romeow and Mewliet when they were children, Caspian and Eve have been teen rivals, constantly trading insults. Eve thinks Caspian is a goody-two shoes ham.
Art by @/cathedrais
PRONOUNS: Mostly She, sometimes He/They
AGE: Almost A Teen(tm)
TH LINK: Here!
Misto - This mysterious cat is Flannery's magic mentor. He's slowly teaching them all of his tricks, and Flan listens intently to every word!
Valentine - Flan's good soft friend! It's a little hard to het him out of his shell, but Flan can always make him smile with a magic trick.
Peony - #1 Teen Meme Team
Elara & Saoirse - Flannery hangs out sometimes at the graveyard these two frequent. They're patient and willing to be test subjects for her latest magic tricks!
Art by @/DarlingJess
TH LINK: Here!
The hurt you hide
The joy you hold
The foolish pride
That gets you out the door
Up on Cedarwood, Cedarwood Road
- Cedarwood Road, U2
Shackleton - Stubborn friends who've bonded over their shared love of sitting in the snow and feeling superior. This Northern seems frosty, but once you get to know her, she's actually got a good sense of humor.
Lakshmi - A Mothcat who has become Grinch's friend by sheer force of will alone, Lakshmi approaches Grinch with an unflappable air of goodwill that the grump finds utterly incomprehensible.
Raidyn - An old friend and fellow Team Whoville member.
Anton - Anton's a great guy!!! He always lets Grinch sample his cooking. A great conversationalist, too.
Tammy - What a good cook! Tammy bribes Grinch with treats, and will branch out a bit to make him something that isn't sweet.
Argus - It's complicated...
Ilex - Grinch catches this Mothcat staring intently at him sometimes when he's with Myrrh and Lorelei. Maybe they're stunned by his dashing good looks? It's starting to get weird.
Art by @/Mothchive
AGE: Middle Aged
TH LINK: Here!
She was by the riverside
Alone and dressed in white
Paling in the cold
Walking on the icy face
On memories of glory days
- The Mourning After, Kamelot
Chime - Helena and Chime got to know each other during Helena's time aboard Chime's ship. Helena has a lot of respect for the young pirate captain, and hopes that the feeling is mutual.
Elara & Saoirse - Helena took to skulking around the edge of Saoirse and Elara's graveyard haunt, and was eventually invited in to join them. They've been tentative friends ever since.
'W'hiskey - Gentle old cats who look to the stars for spiritual guidance and talk about he hardships of their past.
Ilex - Tired and old, but new friends. They meet for tea, on occasion, and Helena likes to help them garden.
Art by @/DarlingJess
AGE: Older Middle Aged
TH LINK: Here!
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned
- Road Movie To Berlin, They Might Be Giants
Lorelei - Lori and Ilex met when Ilex was searching for an apprentice, and they ended up becoming closer than either anticipated. Though Lori decided the life of an apothecary wasn't for her, they still hang out a lot, getting lunch and chatting about life.
Amari - Old and gentle, a positive influence on Ilex. They make flower crowns and lounge under the shade of trees while the young'uns do whatever kids do these days.
Oakley - Apothecary friends who seem to be the only ones around on each others' level. They both swap and withhold advice from each other as their friendly rivalry dictates.
Noor & Samphire - Occasional students who come to Ilex for some medicinal wisdom and lowkey mayhem, respectively.
'T'sukki - BFFs who are not to be trusted.
Helena - Tired and old, but new friends. Ilex tries to knit her things even though they aren't very good at it.
Grinch - As an Advent Mothcat, Ilex was one of the cats that Grinch kidnapped. They wouldn't actively enact revenge, but they will make passive aggressive comments at every opportunity.
Citha - When Ilex and Citha interact, they speak only in ridiculously stilted formalities. It's clear whatever happened between them in the past, they haven't moved beyond it yet.
Art by @/DarlingJess
AGE: Young Adult
TH LINK: Here!
Nobody learns without getting it wrong
- Try Everything, Shakira
Victoria - Lorelei's younger sister, and the light of her life. There isn't anything Lori wouldn't do for her! The sisters are famous for their impromptu duets across Aldora.
Ilex - Lori and Ilex met when Ilex was searching for an apprentice, and they ended up becoming closer than either anticipated. Lori admires Ilex for all the hardships they've been through, and hopes that she can become as skilled as they are at something one day.
Liana - A gentle friend who Lori babysits for on occasion.
TCBC - Try Everything, Regret Nothing!
Amari & Cece - Lori met Amari through a babysitting recommendation from Ilex, and she hit it off with the older Mothcat and his tiny water daughter right away.
Damien - Lori had a bit of a crush on Damien, and would talk about him with Oz in hushed whispers. When Damien admitted that he may have found someone, she made a seamless transition to wingwoman/dispenser of Great Relationship Advice.
Art by @/Shadonut
AGE: Young Adult
TH LINK: Here!
If I fail, I'll fall apart
Maybe it is all a test
'Cause I feel like I'm the worst
So I always act like I'm the best
- Oh No!, Marina and the Diamonds
Althea - Myrrh's cousin. They occasionally go exploring in the mountains together.
Grinch - The ultimate frenemy. Myrrh thinks that Grinch is scraggly and rude and needs to get his life together. Nevertheless, the two find common ground over a shared cynicism, and are oftentimes each other's greatest supporters.
Bryer - Myrrh is Bryer's lowkey rock mother. Enough said?
Tibicen - A good geology friend! Myrrh could scream for hours with Tib about the intricacies of dirt.
Andy - A second geology friend, Myrrh loves swapping rocks with Andy!
Raidyn - An old friend from Team Whoville with a kind disposition.
'Q'iana - A friend who sees the best in Myrrh, even when she's judgmental.
Trophe - Elegant acquaintances and occasional pen pals. Myrrh sends her rocks to paint.
Elysia - Geology. Is. Better. Than. Meteorology!!!
Art by @/ooIceFangoo
AGE: Young Adult
TH LINK: Here!
Myrrh - Myrrh's older brother. In spite of their differences, Myrrh and Oz know what make each other happy more than anyone else, even if they no longer live together.
Argus - Oz's goal in life is to bring this grumpy Mothcat to tears with one of his poems. I'm sorry, Oz, but tears of frustration don't count!
Shenandoah - Oz tries his best to be an understanding pillar of support for Shenandoah, and is only a little jealous that she's better at poetry than he is.
Deklan - A down-to-earth Mothcat that Oz met during Rion Springs... their paths crossed without even knowing they were both related to Myrrh! Oz is honored that Deklan is his future brother-in-law.
Bryer - Oz first met Bryer as a kitten during Rion Springs, and helped foster a love of literature in the young cat.
Rhinoe - A similarly skittish Mothcat that Oz first met during Rion Springs.
Liana - Gentle souls who try their best.
Ace - A great and creative friend of Oz's!
Haru - Bad poetry night, every night.
Damien - Wow so handsome senpai please notice me...!
AGE: Young Adult
TH LINK: Soon...
Under the moon
I think I'm growing weary and I'm hoping you'll come soon
And if I see you
In clean new clothes
I hope you hold the mirror up to show me what I chose
- Dear Fellow Traveler, Sea Wolf
Jupiter - Rumo's boss. They don't know her too well yet, but have a lot of respect for her.
Elara - A kindhearted, if distant, team member. She seems to ask questions about Rumo that others are afraid to, and they don't mind.
Arche - Something's unsettling about this Mothcat, even though they're on the same side. Nevertheless, he's always been charming to Rumo...
Sinope - Rumo likes watching the Mothcat work, and tries to help out sometimes, even though their paws are too clumsy for the delicate machinery.
Damien - Damien is pretty rude to Rumo, and he thinks that Rumo doesn't notice - not so. Rumo doesn't quite understand what they did to make him so mad, but they're holding out hope that they can truly be teammates.
Art by @/Shadonut
TH LINK: Here!
I’ve been praying for help cause I can’t take it all
I’m not done,
It’s not over.
- Shot In The Dark, Within Temptation
Bundt - Shackleton was more than willing to brush up on her signing to better communicate with her fellow Northern, even if Bundt can read lips.
Oakley - A fellow Northern Shackleton doesn't mind opening up to, even if he seems to hate their former home.
Ava & Reiner - Southern Mothcats who won't seem to leave her alone. What? Does she enjoy their company? NO!!!
Balthazar - A pristine Northern and a reminder of all Shackleton was forced to leave behind. What's he doing here in the South? Really not a fan.
'B'igby - More enemy-than-friend frenemies who insult each other but sometimes turn around to find some mutual understanding.
Art by @/cathedrais
AGE: Young Adult
TH LINK: Here!
Caught in all, the stars are hiding
That's when something wild calls you home, home
If you face the fear that keeps you frozen
Chase the sky into the ocean
That's when something wild calls you home, home
- Something Wild, Lindsey Sterling
Ozias - One of the first cats Shenandoah met on Aldora. Oz is gentle and patient with her, and introduced her to Argus. They occasionally all get together to write poetry!
Citha - Shenandoah likes the eccentric spider-loving Mothcat, and likes her many-legged friends even more. The two are quietly supportive of each other.
'Q'iana - A kind friend who will catch her when she falls, literally!
Sunny - Happy ray of sunshine. A supportive friend! Shenandoah cries a little less around Sunny.
Saoirse - Undead by technicality, Shenandoah helps sate Saoirse's curiosity about the beyond, even if she doesn't know much and talking about it makes her cry.
Damien - One of the scariest cats Shen has ever met.
Grinch - Shenandoah is one of the Advent Mothcats Grinch kidnapped, and is really skittish whenever he's brought up. Does he even know she exists?
Art by @/DarlingJess
TH LINK: Here!
Evangeline - Al's mom, from whom he inherited his long fur and heart pupils. He admires his mother a lot, though he doesn't think he'll ever be as popular or well-liked.
Casanova - Al's twin brother and the Very First recipient of warm sweaters. No matter what, Al knows that Cas will always be there for him.
Ava & Reiner - Former babysitters who nearly cried when the brothers were all grown up. Remain family friends!
Flannery - An energetic optimist and a striking balance to Al's pessimism. Close friends, in spite of their differences.
Keona - Teen friend! What a wonderful dancer.
Kimissey - Teen friend! Intimidatingly cool, but she seems to like him anyway. Tolerates his knitting.
Flint - Teen friend! A ball of energy and enthusiasm.
So yep, if I've been a bit quiet, that's where I've been - I'm going to start going through my message backlog soon. And anticipate a flood of art as I finish some old sketches and start new pieces! Last, I wanna thank all the people who have stuck by my side throughout... I really couldn't have done it without your support each day. You know who you are. Here's to the future!
A really amazing person who became an important friend of mine just in the past few months, @/cathedraIs, is moving soon, and needs help getting funds to transport her cats and cover the various costs of hauling everything across the country.
As such, Mothcats has made a fundraiser with a variety of special sales/events to help out! You can find the full details here:
[FUNDRAISER INFO] $3k Sprint to the FinishHELLO MY SWEET KIDS!! It's Cash / cathedraIs on this one, I mean't to make this a hot minute ago but as you all know, moving,,, But hi!! Thank you all so much!! It honestly means the entire world to me and I feel like a broken record at this point because I am but whatever, it's true!! This group, and floramisa's, kindness and generosity will never cease to astound me as well as make me want to highkey cry. Not that I haven't cried over this countless times but >:3c
I'm gonna keep this short because I can talk about this for so long but no one wants to read a wall,,,
It means everything to me that people came out for me like that, I never thought that when I joined Mothcats all that time ago [year & a half ?? who knows it's been a Minute ] that this would happen,,, So much has changed in my life in the past couple years and while most of it has been pretty :// a lot of it has been so completely fantastic and it's all because of this community? I met people that ha
- Donating gets you an exclusive Mothcats sticker, as well as art from no less than seven generous Mothcats members who wanted to help the cause! (Honestly I'm so blown away by y'all wth??)
- May 5th (tomorrow!): A collab adoptable set by the Mothcats admin and artist teams, including some designs by yours truly
- May 6th: Open Mothcats MYO slots, including Ultra Rare and Exclusive slots (which, to my knowledge, have never been put up for sale before)
For watchers who have seen my work but maybe been on the fence about joining Mothcats, now is a great time to join. The upcoming fundraiser MYO sale will have over twice the usual number of discounted FTO (First-Time Owner) slots available, and we're on the cusp of releasing a new trait sheet with more options to customize your Mothcat.
In addition, @/floramisa recently released a new, semi-open species, Florabuns, and every member of Mothcats gets a free creation slot! These Florabuns will be usable as characters in almost every aspect of the Mothcats group, for example, for Events and in the MothcatMarket. We are really committed to including everyone who wants to be a part of our community!
I really hope that you will consider contributing! This community and those within mean a whole lot to me, and I'd love to put the word out to try and give back a little.
Everyone's characters have a special place in their heart, but exactly what place do your top 10 favorite OC's take up? Fill out the places below, and then explain why you chose them, if you you feel like it!
This is me! A Loggerhead Shrike with clip-on glasses who loves spiders and Tries Her Best.
If there's a character I'm taking to my grave, it's Ilex. It's hard for me to articulate how special they are to me... they've done nothing wrong... that anyone can prove...
Art by @/cathedrais
You haven't met her yet, you haven't had the chance... I was going to make Flannery a chaotic neutral hellion, but the concept of her as a Small Supportive Magician brightening the world by pulling flowers and encouraging notes from behind people's ears was too nice to pass up... a ray of light among my otherwise Awful Cats.
Look at Rose! Look at her third ear and white-ringed eyes and Optional Spider Leggy! Look at all her flames and their spooky faces! I love Rose!
When I was eight I joined Neopets, and the first pet I made was a Yellow Gelert... I wanted to name him Dogbone, but that was taken, so I picked a random name from the list of suggestions and so malyn42092 was born. He's stuck by my side ever since, and now he's almost 5,000 days old, 14 years later. Malyn was one of my first attempts at designing, which, as you can see, was basically just two lines under his eye and a lil' necklace... but look at the sweet magic he can do! Malyn's been through a lot of changes over the years, including a looong stint as a Draik of various colors, but in the end, I always saw him as a happy-go-lucky yellow Gelert, and morphed him back (he's now Shadow, after a dog of mine who passed away). Suffice to say he will never leave my side!
GAZE UPON THIS GLAMOROUS COOKIE OWL! @/xAerisx did such a good job making them my aesthetic, with the gold filigree and the roses and the little bow... a really good bird...
I was so astounded and lucky to be able to trade the Neopet "Gargoyle" for Clyde, already as a Chocolate Draik with some battle stats... a bunch of HSD, Neocash, some rare Petpet(pet)s, and candy-related puns later, it's safe to say that Clyde is my rare and spoiled princess. In a stroke of genius, someone on a character development board suggested she should be a candy mobster, and I've never looked back.
Made from a breeding I did for ZayFireAdopts. I didn't think much of his design at the time, but I had a bit of an idea for a character and decided to scoop him up from the batch. Surprise! One of my favorite characters of all time, if not the favorite. I've done a fair bit of research (aka watching movies) into old swindles and con artists just for his character! I don't post much art of Briar but it's cause he's a garbage son formed from tropes and angst and thus has to live deep in my Stash and Toyhouse :'3c I recently revamped his human design a bit to be less 3edgy5me, so maybe one day...
I don't think that I have any finished art of any fandom characters (maybe for the best?), but if it counts, for most of middle school I spent a huge amount of time 'developing' a self-insert Xiaolin Showdown fan character. Lapis was the princess of the western dragons, turned into a dragon, had a bunch of Awesome Magic Powers, and was dating Chase Young (I had a Huge Crush on Chase Young, but who doesn't?). She was pretty rad.
Aggressively shoves my new daughter Shackleton at you... I not-so-subtly based her off of my favorite historical figure. I'm really excited to develop her more within Mothcats !
Bonus Round That Wasn't In The Original Meme But I'm Including it Anyway
11. Favorite OC(s)
Double feature here, of Obsidian and Sarine. Anyone who's familiar with my long tenure at ZayFireAdopts has some inkling of just how much they've both grown, from wannabe villains to... actual villains... to redeemed(ish) villains; from each others' worst enemies to How To Train Your Dragon But You're A Magical Deer. Their (soul) bond will always have a really special place in my heart, even if a lot of their story never makes it out of my head!
Thank you for reading!
I've had this Kitsumera for a couple of months, and while his design is really cute, I have two MYOs in this group that I haven't used yet, and would like to devote my attention to designing and developing them.
He comes with a smidge of extra art, which you can see on his TH: toyhou.se/604387.lith-#2172001
I'm looking mainly for what I purchased him for, $65, put would potentially be interested in a mix of USD/art (if so, please state how much you'd be offering of each!).
Other CS I'd be interested in include:
I'm not looking for one-off designs at the moment, unfortunately!
Proof of ownership (under "Summer Festival"): Kitsumera Masterlist
Thank you kindly! ^^
001. Real Name: Charlotte
002. Nickname: Charmander, Shrike
003. Zodiac Sign: Libra
004. Male Or Female: Female
005. Elementary: Complete
006. Middle School:Complete
007. High School: Complete
008. Hair Colour:
009. Long Or Short: Shoulder length
010. Loud Or Quiet: Pretty quiet?
011. Sweats Or Jeans: I wear almost exclusively skinny jeans...............
012. Phone Or Camera: Phone
013. Health Freak: I rub dirt in all my wounds
014. Drink Or Smoke: An occasional drink (~a few per month)
015. Do You Have A Crush On Someone:
016. Drawing or writing: Both!
017. Piercings: None!
018. Tattoos: There's nothing I care about enough in this world to get it emblazoned permanently on my body. maybe the Mothcats logo one day
HAVE YOU EVER [BEEN IN]:
019. Airplane: Yes!
020. Car Accident: A small one.
021. Fist Fight: With my younger brother.
022. First piercing: N/A!
023. First Best Friend: Don't remember her name, but it must have been in Kindergarten?
024. First Instrument: Piano
025. First award: Probably some "Spirit Award" in elementary
026. First Crush: A kid in middle school but he got kicked out and our love could never be. :C
027. First Language: English
028. First Big Vacation: Mm sailing in the British Virgin Islands
029. Last Person you talked to: @/cathedrais????
030. Last Person You Texted: My dad!
031. Last Person You Watched: My Mothcats mentee @/moshigal156!
032. Last Food You Ate: Tortellini
033. Last Movie You Watched: Voltron's a movie right?
034. Last Song You listened To: [link]
035. Last Thing You Bought: A gaming mouse for for Valentine's Day
036. Last Person You Hugged: An IRL friend!
037. Food: Bratwurst
038. Drinks: Diet Coke
039. Clothing: I have this fuzzy purple vest with really deep pockets
040. Book: Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures by Walter Moers
041. Colour: Purple
042. Flower: Foxgloves
043: Music: Kamelot, Epica, ElectroSwing, lots of stuff!
044. Movies: Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Sting, How to Train Your Dragon 2, What We Do in the Shadows
045. Shoes: Uggs come fight me
046. Subjects: Geology
IN THE LAST YEAR I..... (2016)
047. Kissed In The Snow: Ye
048. Celebrated Halloween: Barely, but yes! I dressed as Effie Trinket :^)
049. Had Your Heart Broken: Wellll
050. Went Over The Minutes On Your Cell Phone: Nah
051. Someone Questioned Your Sexual Orientation: I don't think ppl care
052. Came Outta The Closet: Nah
053. Gotten Pregnant: No
054. Had An Abortion: No
055. Did Something You've Regretted: Probably
056. Broke A Promise: I'm a major flake.
057. Kept A Secret: Sure!
058. Pretended To Be Happy: B/w one and one thousand times
059. Met Someone Who Changed Your Life: Ye!
060. Pretended To Be Sick: Nah
061. Left The Country: Nah :C
062. Tried something you normally wouldn't like, and liked it.: Don't remeber
063. Cried Over The Silliest Thing: media.tenor.co/images/94614d96…
064. Ran A Mile: I mean... I walked... some...
065. Went To The Beach: Maybe?
066. Stayed Single: Nope
067. Eating: Nothing
068. Drinking: Nothing
069. Getting Ready To: Procrastinate more on work.
070. Listening To: Typing
071. Plans For Tomorrow: Classes, homework
073. Want Kids: No
074. Want To Get Married: Not really
075. Careers in mind: Research scientist
WHICH IS BETTER ON A BOY/GIRL :
076. Lips Or Eyes : Eyes
077. Shorter Or Taller: Not too hard to be taller than I am
078. Romantic Or Spontaneous: Romantic?
079. Nice Stomach Or Nice Arms: Stomach
080. Sensitive Or Loud: Sensitive
081. Hookup Or Relationship: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
082. Troublemaker Or Hesitant: Hesitant
HAVE YOU EVER:
083. Lost Glasses/Contacts: Ya
084. Ran Away from home?: No
085. Held A Weapon: Probably?
086. Killed Somebody: No
087. Broken Someone's Heart: If I did he deserved it
088. Been Arrested: No
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
090. Yourself: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ On a good day
091. Miracles: Uh
092. Love At First Sight: Attraction, maybe
093. Heaven: No
094. Santa Claus: No
096. Magic: Not... really?
097. Is There One Person You Wanna Be With, Right Now: Sure!
098. Are You Seriously Happy With Where You Are In Life: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ On a good day!
099. Do You Believe In God: Not really!
100. Post As 100 Truths And Tag five: How about 1/2 of those
Update: The lovely and talented cathedraIs has drawn some gift art of Winter Bullfinch for the eventual winner! Here's a journal bump so I can show it off :3c
Hello, all! Christmas is over and done with, and, with hope, I'll be posting holiday gifts for people after January when my family obligations slow a bit. However, in the meantime, I thought I'd give back a bit with a Mothcat Raffle! Some of you may have seen the MYO Mothcat I designed recently:
Well, now that they've been approved and entered into the Mothchive, it's time for them to find a new home! This Mothcat is entirely common, but as an interesting note, they do have stick antennae, a trait that will be retiring soon (if not already?). So that's kinda special! Anyway, onto how to get tickets...
How to enter the raffle:
- For your first ticket, comment on this journal with your intent to enter the raffle.
- For one optional additional ticket, post a poll, status, or journal advertising this raffle, and link to it in your comment.
- That's it!
- This is NOT an official, group-sponsored raffle/event. However, I highly recommend that participants be Mothcats members with active Mothcat Banks, and be familiar with the group's Species Terms and Conditions. This would be a great opportunity to join an amazing group, though!
- While I'd prefer you not enter simply to retrade, in the end, if you win them, I can't stop you. Note, however, that they have no monetary value/cannot be sold.
- Please only enter for yourself (do not enter to gift for a friend)! Instead, feel free to invite them to enter!
This raffle will end at 11:59:59 PM Central Time January 9th, 2017 with a winner chosen the following morning (January 10th). This is to allow my 2-week ownership requirement to pass! One number will be drawn from among the tickets, and I will gift Winter Bullfinch to that person.
Happy holidays, everyone!
For her last egg, Cheshire gave a noble male Bumblebun creation slot: comments.deviantart.com/1/6066…
I've been kind of at a loss for what to do with it, since I am more than happy with my two Bumblebuns, so I decided that I'd put it UFT! As I know a lot of people have been searching for Bumblebuns.
Things I am seeking:
- Art of my characters, primarily my Mothcats: toyhou.se/Shrike/characters
- That's about it!
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Bumblebun sale going on at Mothcats on Black Friday, which will re-release Bumblebun slots in limited numbers for USD: floramisa.deviantart.com/journ…
Bumblebun trait information:
I'll probably be deciding a new owner in a few days, maybe with slight preference to FTOs?
Thanks a bunch! ^^
Oh gosh you guys I love collecting art of my characters ;o; It makes me so happy to organize it all in my ToyHouse and look at it all! Like I've done right by them. I'm pretty much fine with anyone drawing any of my characters, provided that they are drawn in character, or at least neutrally. The ones below are those I would especially love to receive art of.
First Generation Zayfire: toyhou.se/Shrike/characters/fo…
Second Generation Zayfire: toyhou.se/Shrike/characters/fo…
My Kitsumera: toyhou.se/604387.lith-
My Trinkin: toyhou.se/367305.nox
Oh gosh I'm sure everyone who's visited my page in the last year is well aware of my adoration for Mothcats. I love my angry bag of cats and I always will. I would also adore Mothcats-ARPG items for when the Market/Trading Post opens back up. I collect spiders, cobwebs, and am working towards Rare TCs/Glitter for select few of my cats.
Oh my gosh, beautiful flower deer. My aesthetic! These guys are super cute, with a fun little ARPG element in the form of house systems and events.
I've been watching the meteoric rise of Bagbeans, and my only regret is not getting in on the ground floor! Each design is full of personality and there seem to be a lot of exciting events to get someone started in the group.
Look at these lil mush monsters >0 !
Leeches are super cool and I can't wait until break when I have the chance to draw the one I currently own!
A beautiful species, of which I currently have one, and a MYO yet to design. I'd love another to make a trio!
What's more Shrike's aesthetic than flower deer? Flower murderous raptor doves, of course! I love love love the concept for this species, and what's better is that they're an open species! I've been meaning to design one (or two... or five) for myself but haven't quite gotten around to it yet.
Not a "closed species" persay but super spooky kitties with fun designs and unique - and often gruesome - backstories. What's not to love?
Undertale merchandise...I'm not too squeamish about handing out my address provided that we've talked a few times before. Gosh I love that game. Come to think of it? The perfect gift for me would be buying yourself Undertale and telling me all about your experiences and thoughts as you play the game!
Neopets Items/NP... I've been thinking like, as a last hurrah, I
Disclaimer: please do not actually send me spiders through the mail
Well, now's your chance! Mothcats is hosting a Halloween Advent Calendar, and there are a couple of slots available at a discount specifically for First-Time Owners (FTOs)!
For those who maybe don't have access to Paypal, there's currently an adorable Write-To-Adopt Mothcat contest going on (they come with an adorable owl companion, aaaaaa):
If the group seems overwhelming at first, there's a mentoring program which will pair you up with an experienced member to work you through processes like earning tokens, participating in events, and creating your bank account. A Mothcat is not needed to participate in any of the events, and there's a semi-open species, called Bumblebuns, with free MYO slots that are frequently given away by other members (I can refer you to some giveaways if you'd like, and I'm about to get another slot as well).
I thought I would make a quick journal to promote the Advent, because it was an absolute blast last year, and my only regret is that I didn't join the group earlier to claim a slot! This group and its community has been an incredible positive force in my life the past year, so it's really the least I could do. <3 Also, if you join on my referral, and meet certain goals, I get rewards - but that's beside the point...
If you have any questions about this sale or the group in general, or just want to hear me gush about it a bit, feel free to ask below!
Average Hours of Sleep:
5.5 - 7.5 would be a good range
I'm gonna go with 7, the number of the raffle ticket that won me Grinch.
last thing googled:
"how to find the last thing you googled" ... wait... frick...
favorite fictional character(s):
- Ushan DeLucca from Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures
Without giving too much away: he's clever, he's sarcastic, he's talented, he's so, so tired... and he's a hero. Sst, sst, sst!
- Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica
I can disagree with her decisions and her actions, all the while fully empathizing with her and understanding why she made them, and that's what makes her character so tragic and powerful to me.
- Sans the Skeleton from Undertale
I love every single piece of bad time cheesy Sans fanart where he's like crying with his blue eye blazing and Papyrus's scarf around his jacket with like lasers everywhere OK I LOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM I'M REALLY GAY FOR SANS I JUST WANT HIM TO BE HAPPY EVEN THOUGH HE CAN NEVER BE HAPPY OK *dissolves into tears*
Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening
Pearl from Steven Universe (who I cry about every day)
Valka from How to Train Your Dragon 2
Fix-It Felix Junior from Wreck-It Ralph
Lord Umber from The Books of Umber
Brandin of Ygrath from Tigana
Honestly every other character from Rumo, read that book.
A soft, light grey, long-sleeved shirt with a cat on it that kind of looks like my cat. The charm on her pink collar is sparkly. Dark blue skinny jeans, and kinda grey-brown leather lace-up boots that are scuffed 'cause I wear them every day and take awful care of my shoes.
When did you start this account?:
I started this account (and my DeviantArt... journey?) May 8th, 2007, and have stayed on it since!
Number of Watchers:
677! You guys are all amazing. Thank you for supporting me!
What do you post?:
Mostly Mothcats, as you probably are aware by now...! Also Zayfire, adoptables, dragons, landscapes, and a smattering of photography, though not for a while now (I apologize to anyone who's ever watched me for... my photography...).
You can also find me on...:
Reddit: Dragonap, though I don't know why... anyone would... want to contact me there?
No Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram Maybe it's for the best...
Do you get a lot of comments:
I guess! Thankfully, not too many to manage, uh, most of the time ovo;;;; Mostly I get comments thanking me for llamas, which I find really sweet/nice and always try to respond to. ^^
Why did you choose this username?:
My old username was Dragonap, which was fine and dandy but didn't have any particular... meaning. It was literally just "Dragon" and then young me thought it would be cool to add "ap" to the end.
I changed it to Arquerite, which is a natural amalgam of silver and mercury, because I've done a ton of mercury research in the past semester, and thing that the fact that mercury can form amalgams is pretty sweet. This one is a lot more "me!"
Confirmed cool kid and/or spicy bean exdog
Idk. just do it if you want to!
Oh god why did I do this writing about my Really Important Opinions on fictional characters took so much time honestly I only did it to soapbox about them I could have been doing homework
So, by now you guys probably know that I have a minor case of serious love for Mothcats... but what are some other closed species I admire? Well, I'm here to tell you about one that oh-so-conveniently has an art contest and MYO raffle happening right about now, and that's Kitsumeras!
I've admired this species from afar for a little bit of time now, because, boy, can I tell you, they are a fox-like species that is my total #aesthetic, and will be for anyone who similarly likes designs with dreamcatchers, magic, feathers, and stylish accessories ;v; From what I can tell, the principal designer, @/petalfox, puts a ton of care and effort into each of her designs, and it really shows - here are a few of my favorites, the first of which is up for auction as of 8/1:
Ok, so my reason for writing this journal is to advertise an art contest that is currently happening within the group, and will run up until early September:
The prompt is very open ended, encourages creativity, drawing art of Kitsumeras for others, and is highly lore focused - which is important to me as a lore fiend who loves reading about the "why"s and "how"s of the worlds people create :3c Prizes are really awesome, and include a fudgeton of community-donated artwork, a custom Kitsumera, and enough of the group's currency to purchase a variety of cool things at the Kitsumera shop (ex., MYOS!). I myself will be composing an entry or two for the contest, so keep a lookout for them in the next month~
Age: Young Adult
Gender: Female (She/Her, They/Them)
Personality: Reserved, quiet, gentle, affectionate, reckless, lonely
A common cat brought back from the dead thanks to the intervention of Sage, Shenandoah is still coming to terms with her new life. Full of new thoughts and ideas about her surroundings that are often overwhelming, Shenandoah is often withdrawn, and desires solitude even though it isolates her. One might expect Shenandoah to be terrified of heights; however, the opposite holds true - she is an adrenaline junkie when it comes to flying, striving always for more speed, sharper turns, and steeper dives. In the air, the reserved Mothcat seems to find true joy, and delights in the feeling of the wind whistling through her feathers.
Those who are quiet and patient enough to earn her trust will find Shenandoah a loving friend, if often distant and prone to bouts of melancholy. She enjoys quiet morning conversations and light cuddles, provided that no one strays close to her halo. Shenandoah has a surprising sense of humor, which tends towards the dark, odd, or otherwise blunt: a surefire way for a friend to make her laugh is with an anti-joke. She snorts when she laughs really hard, it's funny.
Friends: Argus (???), Ozias, Nimbus, Marlowe, Batik, Q
Enemies: None... yet.
No ID yet? For shame... check out her TH!
Personality: Stubborn, confident, patient, industrious, spirited, flighty, boisterous, independent
Brandy is a spirited Mothcat. She's spent a lifetime listening to tall tales, which has rubbed off on her and contributed to her often larger-than-life personality. This is, to some extent, an act - she often has to "fake it until she makes it," and usually succeeds. Behind all her bluster, however, is a genuine passion for and appreciation of the sea. Her experience as a barkeep has given her a great patience for putting up with others' BS, though not a tolerance of it, and it takes a good deal to rile or perturb her. A bit caught up in her new-found independence, Brandy is as capricious as the ocean, making promises quickly she may not keep, and abandoning ideas as quickly as she thinks of them. The few ideas and people she decides to devote her energy to will find no more industrious a worker or ardent a believer. The rest will find her moving on without much explanation to the next harbor. Though very social, and a great (re)teller of stories, Brandy still indulges in bouts of solitude. These stretches of moodiness are often weather-based: sure as the tide, an approaching storm casts her into spells of sullenness or restless energy, in which she's better left to her own devices.
Friends: Chime, Kennedy, Alpha, Kutubu, C
Enemies: None... yet!
Personality: Dramatic, pretentious, high-strung, creative, straight-laced, passionate, talkative
A young Mothcat with theatrical aspirations - directing, writing, acting, you name it - who has found that his dreams and ambitions far outstrip his ability to put them into practice, not least of all on a small island like Aldora. With no as of yet apparent organizing force for community theater on the island, his self-run "productions" more often than not turn into jumbles of half-baked ideas, poor funding, and disinterested acquaintances-turned-"actors" who fail to meet half of his standards. As difficult as he can be to get along with, his close friends may feel genuine sympathy for the extent to which the ambitious teen is beleaguered by his apathetic protegees. He's a good conversationalist who is always ready with an opinion, not to mention equipped with a keen nose for gossip and the latest perceived scandal. Caspian enjoys a variety of hobbies outside of the stage - the potter's wheel being a particular favorite for unwinding and puzzling out his next idea. That said, he isn't a particular fan of the outdoors.
Friends: Fantasia, Pietro, Gecko, Argus, Tisias
Enemies: Eve (aka Evilynn)
Ilex is a pet Mothcat who lives on the mainland under the care of a human apothecary. Though their home is on the mainland, Ilex makes semi-frequent trips to Aldora in order to collect medicinal plants, keep in touch with family and acquaintances, and take some time off from their job. In spite of their years, Ilex has a seemingly ageless air of grace and mystery. Their breadth of knowledge and experience in their field often leaves their way of thinking and actions inscrutable to others, and as consequence, Ilex is often caught up in their own inner dialogue. While this air of mystery doesn’t quite evaporate like morning fog once you get to know them, it definitely thins considerably. Ilex has a passion for strangeness and novelty which can have the austere Mothcat suddenly bubbling with excitement over an odd bug or weird slime mold. Though they may appear intently focused on you and all you say, it’s far more likely they’re thinking about what to have for dinner – though the opposite goes for when they appear to be bustling about, picking ingredients for their next potion. While it’s hard to take a 'cat who demands you weave them flower crowns on a semi-regular basis seriously, it might be best not to buy into Lorelei’s quiet insistence they’re just a harmless old codger.
Family: Mr. Mistoffelees (cousin)
Friends: Lorelei (former apprentice), Noor and Samphire (occasional kind-of-students), Carmine, Bronte, Amari, Z, Jaq
Name: Wesely J. Grinchington (pls just Grinch)
Age: Adult (pretends he is far older)
Personality: Grouchy, narcissistic, irreverent, snarky, enigmatic
Short Bio: Though it seems as if Grinch has left his days of Mothcat and/or Christmas abduction behind, he remains a grumpy and ill-tempered Aldoran. Grinch's involvement as Team Whoville's mascat/self-proclaimed leader showed his small stature came hand-in-hand with a giant Napoleon complex. Egotistical and all but impervious to the comments of naysayers, he has firm ideas about how the world works and the solutions to others' problems. He is nevertheless an attentive listener, and is "gracious" enough to distribute such tidbits of wisdom and advice, whether others ask for it or not. In spite of his talkative nature, his personal life, aspirations, or origins remain shrouded in mystery.
Friends: Myrrh, Lakshmi, Eve, Grump, Raidyn, Anton, Tammy, Argus? (It's complicated)
Enemies: Myrrh, Ilex, Most Advent Mothcats
Age: Young Adult
Personality: Aloof, standoffish, proud, industrious, studious, eloquent, deliberate.
Short Bio: A conceited Mothcat who, for the most part, keeps to herself - attempts at conversation with her often results in snide cast-offs. Myrrh aspires to be a lapidary artist. A natural perfectionist and genuine workaholic, she will often stay up late into the night memorizing crystal habits and studying theories she may never be able to put into practice. In the meantime, her skills are employed towards more achievable goals, such as collecting and appraising precious stones. Since meeting other Mothcats who enjoy her love of geology, or at the very least are willing to listen to her talk about Bowen’s reaction series far longer than is socially acceptable, Myrrh has opened up a bit in the presence of company. She no longer considers the occasional day of relaxation or bit of conversation an utter waste of time, though you’d be hard pressed to get her to consider trying anything so frivolous as having “fun.”
Family: Ozias (older brother), Althea (cousin)
Friends: Grinch, Bryer, Tibicen, Andy, Raidyn, Q, Trophe
Enemies: Grinch, Elysia
Age: Young Adult
Personality: Lazy, kind, easygoing, shy, anxious - but good at compartmentalizing, is fluffy a personality trait?
Short Bio: The older brother of Myrrh, and her opposite in many respects. Needless to say, he is the more approachable of the duo, easy to engage in conversation and willing to tolerate even the most tedious of small-talk - provided that the group he's chatting with is relatively small. Oz shares little of his sister's ambition, preferring a nap in the sun or an amble by a stream to working and studying. Firm about wanting to live life by his own terms, even if his aspirations don't reach beyond three square meals and enough leisure time to stop and smell the flowers, he is not often found in places or situations he doesn't want to be in. He's a bit of a homebody by consequence, and a Mothcat of habit. A (poor) poet by nature, he can sometimes be found composing rhymes on the spot. He is skittish and wary around humans.
Family: Myrrh (younger sister)
Friends: Deklan, Bryer, Rhinoe, Argus, Lorelei, Liana, Dusk (AU Friend), Ace, Atohi, Shenandoah, Haru (poetry night gone wrong)
Enemies: None... yet! Not a huge fan of Grinch, though.
Name: Lorelei (Lori, Lorikeet)
Age: Young Adult
Personality: Responsible, motherly, level-headed, indecisive, sociable, inquisitive, protective
Short Bio: A former pet Mothcat who came to Aldora with her sister, Victoria, so they could experience life to the fullest. Lorelei is a relentlessly caring Mothcat who has yet to find her true goal in life, but makes up for it by engaging with others on their hobbies and passions. As such, it seems as if she knows a little bit about everything. She is very responsible, though on occasion to the point of being overly strict; for all her willingness to try new things, Lorelei isn’t one for “diving in” – she dips her toes in novelty, and if the water isn’t too cold then makes her choice to engage with it fully. Though her design is based off of a lovebird, Lorelei is a definite magpie when it comes to opinions; instead of providing her own on a matter, she prefers to listen to those of others, ask questions, and carefully turn them over in her mind. Those with whom she shares her true feelings on important matters are dear friends indeed.
Family: Victoria (younger sister)
Friends: Ozias, Liana, Ilex, TCBC, Musket
Enemies: None... yet!
Personality: Mischievous, sarcastic, confident, energetic, headstrong, reckless, loyal
Short Bio: Though a sweet and shy Mothkitten in her youth, upon shedding her baby fur, going through a growth spurt, and gaining autonomy, Eve discovered she had a rebellious streak a mile wide. Still in the midst of exploring her newfound autonomy, Eve is a total teenager, fluctuating between apathy, exuberance, and rare bouts of sentimentality seemingly a whim as she tries to figure out her identity and place in life. Luckily for her, there a plenty Mothcats of a similar age on Aldora with whom she can share her ideas and get into trouble, and to whom she is fiercely loyal. She spends her time lazing around, causing mischief, exploring, and complaining about "the man" (she's not quite sure who that is, but it seemed like the thing to do). Is there still a sweet and loving side hiding behind her rough exterior, too afraid of rejection to present itself to others? Eh, maybe.
Friends: Haru, Althea, Grinch, Raidyn
Enemies/Rivals: Tisias (aka Walking Disco Ball, aka Arts & Crafts Gone Wrong, aka...), Caspian (aka Cassie, aka Ham-let, aka...)
Mothcats and all subspecies are a closed species by floramisa. You cannot make your own!
I wanted to let you know that I'm off for a week-long vacation to the Magic Kingdom - replies will be a little slower than usual, and I don't think I'll be making much art (which means that Myrrh's Geo Facts will probably be on hold this week... boo...).
I did bring some watercolor paper, though (and colored pencils), so I'm hoping to get some pen lineart done and lined up for when I get back. :3c
I'm excited to go to Disney - I haven't been since I was maybe three (apparently, to my parents' great chagrin, my favorite ride was the one that played "It's a Small World" on loop), and it seems like such a prototypical American experience. Hopefully I'll have a lot of fun adventures to report - and won't get absolutely broiled in the sun (I am a v. pale child)
In addition - I'm in a watercolor mood right now, so @Mothcats-related watercolor sketch commissions will be $1 off!
*I'll draw most things, but just be warned I'm kinda bad at humans; they take me far longer than standard work for potentially lower quality. Also super bad at architecture but I can give it my best shot. I, uh, think my watchers p. much know the main kinds of art I produce/am comfortable with ;v;
*I use Paypal, but would actually prefer points at the present moment! I think the standard conversion rate these days is 100 = $1 USD. Larger prices in the range will be for more complicated characters or multiple characters.
(Please note that watercolor results may vary, as they cannot be "edited" after they are lined/the paint has dried. Though, if you are unhappy with the result, we could work something out QvQ)
outlines, a small shadow, etc.).
Sketch* - $2-5; 200-500
Bust/Chibi* - $5-10; 500-1000
Full Body - Flat Colors* - $10-15; 1000-1500
Full Body - Shaded* - $13-20; 1300-2000
*A simple background (flat color/gradient, shadow, colored outline, etc) may be added upon request!
Large-ish Speedpaint - $20-30; 2000-3000
All-Out! - [95% Closed]
Designs - $5-20; 500-2000
Feel free to negotiate a lower price with me if you can provide a useable base, since sketching and lining is a significant portion of the work I do when designing.
I, uh, hope my responses don't sound too insufferable.
- Full Name: Charlotte K.
- Public Nicknames: Shrike (Online)
- Friends-Only Nicknames: Char, Charmander
- Age: 21
- Gender: Female
- Acceptable Pronouns: She/her, but whatever
- Sexual/Romantic Orientation: *vague hand-waving
- Relationship Status: Taken
- Spouse/Partner: High-School and Current Sweetheart
- Date of Birth: October 12
- Zodiac: Libra
- Birthplace: Chicago
- Current Residence: hiding amongst the Midwest corn
- Occupation(s): Student
- Blood Type: A positive?
- Nationality: err
- Ethnicity/Ancestry: errrrrrr
- Height: 5'2"
- Weight: 105lbs? Haven't weighed myself in months tbh
- Bodily Build: low structural integrity
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: I guess the technical term is "dirty blonde"
- Skin Tone: Pasty
- Scars/Markings: Nothing interesting
- General Attitude: I've been termed "generically likeable" by a friend of a friend; niceish and quietly self-effacing, not too assertive, anxious about many a thing
- Life’s Aspirations: Advance the scope of human knowledge in my chosen field! And hopefully not starve
- Favorite Foods: Bratwurst
- Religion: Atheist
- Likes: art, statistics, geology/Earth Science, Being Competent, reading, writing, falconry, tarantulas, listening to other's opinions, coffee, hiking/the outdoors, Mothcats
-Dislikes: most team sports, wasting time (though I do it a lot), eating/sleeping (see "wasting time"), large social gatherings, cheese
- Fears: Not being alone when I think I am *glances out the window*, forced small-talk, holes, failure, the future
- Father: 1
- Mother: 1
- Sister(s): 0
- Brother(s): 1
- Best Friend: *vague hand-waving
- Pets: Mabel and Elise the tarantulas, BJ the cat
Anyone you admire a lot? - I'm way too self-conscious to put those I know in real-life on here, so I'll say that I have always greatly admired Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton - look him up, if you get the chance!
If you could go two years back in time, what would you tell yourself? - Calm down, sister. It's gonna be ok.
When did you realize your current sexuality? - *vague hand-waving
Do you have any lesser-known talents? - Hm, uh, is failure to internalize that people don't think you're awful a talent? *nervous laugh
I think there are a good amount of people in real life who don't know I draw.
What was the last verse of the song you're listening to- "We are, we are more than our scars/We are, we are more than the sum of our parts" - Sum of Our Parts, Mary Lambert
What's the last thing you did before this meme? - Finished up some Econometrics homework
What is your favorite fruit? - Pineapple or Pomegranate
What's your catchphrase/A word you use a lot?- I don't know. Literally, I say "I don't know" waaay too often.
What is your alignment (Lawful, neutral or chaotic matched with good, neutral or evil)? - Lawful neutral.
What was your first fandom? - The original Digimon!
How are you feeling right now? - I don't want to go to bed but kind of should - neutral, I suppose.
Are you good at Mario Kart? - Unfortunately, not.
What do you do on an average Saturday night? - Watch movies with a friend while drawing.
HOW MANY CAPRI SUNS HAVE U DRINK IN THE LAST 48 HOUR???? - None
Who's your favorite OC that you own? - Sarine and Briar
Are you a proactive or reactive person? - Reactive, wish I could be more proactive though.
How many days until your next birthday? - 181
How many blankets do you sleep with? - 3 or 4, if I can help it
What are three OTPs of yours? -
Obsidian x Meriel
Deklan x Myrrh
LP9 x Anton
~and many more~
What's a song you hate? - MUDJUG (Dip In My Lip) by the Jawga Boyz
Art or music? - Why not both?
What's a song that reminds you of your lover/crush?
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Who'd Have Known - Lily Allen
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
Do you have a celebrity crush? - Simone Simmons, Chris Pratt
How do you want to die? - On my own terms.
What's your opinion of the last person you talked to? - A total sweetheart!
What are your favorite fandoms? - The JonTron fandom for dank memes
What do you usually draw? - Mothcats, Landscapes, ZayfireAdopts, Birds
How'd you come up with your username?
>Be me, circa elementary school
>Add -ap at the end because (?)
What's the weirdest thing you've done in public? - Accidentally be too loud? I try not to stand out much.
Coke or Pepsi? - Diet Coke
How many friends do you have? - *vague hand-waving
Using three words, how would your friends describe you - Smart, Nice, Eccentric
How would you describe your morality? - Lazy utilitarian nihilism
How emotional are you? - More than I'd like to be
Who's your favorite fictional character? - Oohhh boy have a few
Ushan DeLucca, from Rumo and His Miraculous Adventures - In fact, every character from that book twice.
Sayaka Miki, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sans the Skeleton, from Undertale
Moist von Lipwig, from Going Postal/Making Money/Raising Steam
What's your favorite music album? - ok have a few here too
Epica/The Black Halo, by Kamelot (Shhh it's a story in two albums so it counts)
Consign to Oblivion, by Epica
Mezmerize, by System of a Down
Fleet Foxes, by Fleet Foxes
The How to Train Your Dragon Soundtrack
How's your social standing? - That's not really a thing in college
What's the worst media you have ever consumed? - *sweats
Any movements you make unintentionally (drumming fingers, twirling hair)? - I jitter/bounce my legs, pick at my cuticles
Have you ever been romantically attracted to a fictional character? - *sideways glance at Chase Young from Xiaolin Showdown
What social media site do you use the most? - DeviantArt!
What's your favorite video game? - Still crying over Undertale tbh, but runners-up include Skyrim and Don't Starve
What are some personality traits you despise? - Of my own? Not being able to form opinions, uh, inability to pick up conversations with those I've just met, absent-mindedness, selfishness and low emotional availability to others
Ever been to a convention? - I've been to a few, ranging from comic conventions, anime conventions, board game conventions, and MLP conventions! It's not something I do regularly though.
Cats or dogs? - Cats
What does your favorite shirt look like? - www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?…
Do you think Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer? - Nahh
So... I've seen people doing this... floramisa tagged me for Anton, Shadonut tagged me for Lorelei, and someone else tagged me a while ago for Pavan (I do not remember who, please forgive). If you guys want to know more 8 Facts about any other of my characters, just let me know, and I'll amend this journal accordingly... ok, here goes...
1. Post 8 facts about character
2. Tag 8 other characters
3. Post their names along with their creator's avatars
8 Facts About Myrrh
- Myrrh's design is based on a European Starling, though far more loosely than I originally anticipated. Her mane, especially, is reminiscent of their breast feathers, and the markings on her shoulder are like simplified versions of their wing feathers. Her brown colors are found on juveniles. European Starlings are nearly ubiquitous invasives where I live, and "common" birds - but in spite of their bad rap, I think that they are very beautiful and interesting birds - just like Myrrh is a common Mothcat, but is stunning all the same!
- Her name relates to her European Starling inspiration as well, though only very peripherally! When thinking of names for characters, a lot of times, I go to the Latin names of species they're based on - but Sturnus vulgaris isn't very elegant at all! As I was browsing words related to starlings, I came upon murmuration - a term for a large flock of starlings - then, Murmur - hmm, what if I shortened it to just Mur? - and finally... wait a second, there's a word with the same pronunciation, but far more beautiful spelling - Myrrh!
- Though she doesn't have anything against faeries as individuals, Myrrh has always been rather... shall we say, snippy? to them, or maybe passive-aggressive. She's a little resentful that the faeries would create a sentient species, attendant with goals, desires, aspirations - as pets. To add insult to injury, Myrrh believes the faeries denied Mothcats the tools to fully engage with their environment and create - sticking them with these soft, useless kitty paws! Her lack of opposable thumbs is a continual source of frustration to her. Will any of this still hold true after the lore overhaul? Who knows :0
- Conversely, Myrrh greatly admires humans and all the inventions they have made and things they've discovered, without the aid of magic, to boot! She and Ozias have gotten into bitter arguments in the past about the worth of humanity, both incredibly biased, to say the least, and it's a sore and touchy spot in their relationship. Myrrh has even considered becoming a pet Mothcat in the past, though now that Deklan is in her life it's safe to say she will stay on Aldora barring a mutual decision between them to move.
- What's Myrrh's least favorite rock/mineral/gems, you ask? Probably diamonds. It's not as if she has anything against the mineral itself, but rather, the fact that if their market price reflected their actual rarity, diamonds would be playthings for kittens. She likes stones that are a bit more unusual for her personal use. Her favorite used to be bornite, because its colors mirror her own markings, but it's probably gneiss now, because it reminds her of someone special.
- In spite of aspiring to be a lapidary artist and jewelry maker - a lavish art indeed - Myrrh's own personal tastes are rather restrained (unlike certain characters of mine...). That's not to say she doesn't like fashion; she just thinks decorating herself in jewels would be gilding a lily. Her eventual room will be very bland and Spartan, and the only accessories I'm planning on making for her are a pair of bracelets... one must advertise their wares to some degree, after all!
- Deklan is Myrrh's rock, in both a visual and metaphorical sense. Though she couldn't have guessed it when they first met during the Snow Wars of 2015-2016, the striped Mothcat made his way into her heart and became a grounding and unifying presence there. His comfort is invaluable when she's stressed out from too much work or existential crises.
- Though Myrrh is very particular about maintaining her appearance and looking very put-together in public, she isn't adverse to getting her paws dirty like one might believe. Context is very important, however. On a geology expedition with her friends or exploring the woods with her cousin? Completely fine. If some Mothcats she didn't know happened to spot her trudging home after said adventures, looking like a cat out of hell with muddy, messy fur and whiskers bent out of shape? Myrrh'd rather die!
8 Facts About Grinch
- Grinch has a companion dog, but he hasn't seen that mangy mutt since shortly after he kidnapped the Advent Mothcats. What an ingrate! Grinch is getting kind of worried about him, but he's not going to admit it.
- It seems as if Grinch has had his token Santa hat since he was a Mothkitten - who knows where he got it. It made a perfect bed for the young kitten, though it wasn't too great at keeping out the rain. He's far too big to sleep in it now, and it's getting pretty threadbare. Might be time for an upgrade.
- Though for the most part, he's not a picky eater and will chow on anything with a semblance of edibility, Grinch dislikes sweet foods. He prefers bitter, sour, or otherwise strong tastes most would shy away from, when he isn't eating typical Mothcat fare (insects). However, he does enjoy certain treats such as raw lemons, peppermint, and stale gingerbread houses.
- How did the tokens thrown into the Wishing Well get into envelopes for the Lunar New Year Distribution? Well, you have Grinch to thank for... "appropriating" them from the bottom of the well. He sat over it with a magnet for a looong time to get you those tokens.
- If, for some random reason, anyone wanted to know the random origins of Grinch's true name...
Don't call him Wesley. Seriously.
- In spite of being without a doubt the worst of my Mothcats to ask for advice, Grinch is the most willing to give it. While he's a good listener, and occasionally offers genuinely useful observations and worldly insights (especially to those closer to him), most attempts at guidance quickly devolve into illustrative anecdotes about that one time where did something totally amazing because he's really all that and a bag of chips, and, wait, what were we talking about again?
- Though Grinch's main theme song goes without saying, I'm also quite partial to the parallels between his character and that of the Mad Dummy from Undertale, and its attendant theme.
- Why are Grinch's wings crinkled? He slept on his back a lot when he was a Mothkitten. Sorry, no mystery or drama there.
8 Facts About Eve
- Though Eve's way too big to ride on MECHAZ0R the SS8 like she used to when she was a kitten, she still tries sometimes when she thinks no one is watching. This almost always results in her toppling on her face, and hastily trying to play it cool afterwards.
- Eve is actually very self-conscious about her butterfly wings. She won't go to great lengths to hide them (not like it would be possible to do so completely), but only opens them fully rarely, and prefers to run or climb places instead of fly (which is more hardcore, anyway). They're just... too flashy. It's not as if she doesn't like standing out, Eve would just prefer to do it on her own terms, and suddenly having these gigantic black-cyan-red butterfly wings was a bit startling for her when she aged. It's a case of a design detail informing her character - as the adoptable got the wings from an oversight in age trait-rolling, when Mothkittens were still really new.
- The pink "blush markings" on Eve's cheeks are not just cosmetic or for effect; that's her actual fur color under her eyes! She absolutely DESPISES those markings - no surprises there.
- Is her absolute favorite band ever Evanescence? I'm not going to say. (yes)
- Eve's favorite food is anything with pumpkins in it, minus a short stint where she was Totally Sick of Dumb Ol' Pumpkins(tm). The reason for that isn't hard to find; her adoptive father, Plumpy, is a pumpkin farmer! The only thing she hates that has pumpkins in it are pumpkin spice lattes. TOO BASIC if secretly delicious.
- Eve's eyes are pretty light-sensitive, so she sleeps a lot during the middle of the day and mostly becomes active/goes outside towards the evening, not too unlike a human teenager. This is helped somewhat because most wild Mothcats live at or near a forest. Though she likes the winter fine, sunny days right after a big snowfall are awful for her!
- Grinch is the only adult that Eve kinda admires outside of her immediate family, largely because of the rumors circulating about his past Aldoran "crimes" and general air of separateness. Always one to talk about himself, Grinch iss tolerant of her inquisitions, if a bit bemused that this punk kid keeps asking so many questions and calling him Old Hobo Man.
- Eve character is pretty much who I wanted to be when I got older when I was in middle school.
...Who am I kidding, I still want to be like Eve when I grow up.
Adorable cheeb by floramisa
8 Facts About Anton
- Anton has been cursed to speak only in the cheesy phrases found on candy conversation hearts (or close derivatives). He became cursed by insulting a vindictive faerie's baking skills, and then beating her at a baking contest - he was pretty stuck up and sassy then, so don't feel too bad.
- The stress of the formerly verbose and boastful Mothcat being reduced to words like "TRU LUV" and "B MINE" caused all his fur to fall out, leaving him the adorable angry wrinkle child you see before you today.
- When Anton first started living with his curse, he tried to cope by bringing notecards to write down what he wanted to say. However, his thoughts were so eloquent that he would quickly run out of space. Plus, kitty paws are awful for writing. After that, he kind of just gave up trying to fully communicate, so his constantly-running inner monologue is his alone.
- Shadonut's Evangeline is Anton's mate. It originally started out as a joke/crackship, but they were just so cute together it was impossible to pass up making it reality! After all, if you average their coat lengths, you get one normal Mothcat. uwu
Eva is the only Mothcat who can understand and therefore "translate" for him. They met at the baking contest where Anton was cursed, while she still had her damaged wings, and he still had his fur. Though possessive of his treats and very conceited, something about the humble Mothcat caught his eye, and he gave her a few to take home. From there, Eva watched the results of the contest from the sidelines...
- The only fur which didn't fall out after Anton got cursed was a little scruffy bit of mane - he takes INCREDIBLE care of it, using all manner of hair-care products he can find, and is paranoid that the rest of it will fall out. Consequently, it is very shiny and soft. He and Evangeline are furcare/spa buddies, and will swap tips and groom each other.
- Though Anton is a master baker, specializing in all manner of pastries and sweets, since his curse he has all but lost his sweet tooth, and often ends up either throwing out or giving away his creations. His ideas for new recipes are becoming increasingly bizarre as he tries to find inspiration once more, and his refusal to taste-test can leave some of his batches a little... odd (lemon calamari muffins, anyone?). Evangeline sometimes taste-tests his less eccentric batches. He absolutely HATES candy.
- Anton's name and general aesthetic were inspired by Anton Ego, one of the antagonists of Ratatouille
- Evangeline is the one who knit Anton's sweater, because SHE IS HIS HOT MOMMAAAAAAaaaaaaaa-!
Adorable cheeb by floramisa
8 Facts About Lorelei
- Lorelei and her sister, Victoria, have an uncanny ability to appear wherever a cappella music is needed (whether the Mothcats receiving the songs are aware or appreciative of the need for background music or not). If asked about it, Lorelei will simply give a sweet smile and play innocent.
- In spite of literally being green and loving plants, Lori does not have a green thumb. She can barely keep a dandelion alive, and not for lack of trying! They say that singing to plants will improve their growth, but I guess that only goes so far when you continually forget to water them. Nevertheless, she enjoys gardening as therapeutic exercise, and will gladly weed a fellow Mothcat's yard or plant some flowers for them, just for fun.
- Lorelei keeps an extensive journal/diary, a practice which Ozias got her started with. However, she won't let anyone read it, even him. It's actually pretty boring, though, a lot of notes on the different hobbies and professions that she's tried, and little snippets of musical notation - noting scandalous.
- Speaking of Ozias, he and Lorelei are each other's best non-sister friends. They constantly brag about how amazing their siblings are to each other, and swap stories and advice on being The Eldest. They even tried dating for a while, but it was horribly awkward, and they made the mutual decision that they were better off in a very close, but ultimately platonic, relationship.
- If I ever get a rare trait change, Lorelei is SO getting a cute curly tail, oh my gosh, that would be so adorable, could you imagine?
- In spite of being without a doubt the best of my Mothcats to ask for advice, Lorelei is the least willing to give it. How could she ever feel qualified to give her opinion when there are so many different facts you have to know to make a decision, and so many sides to every story? If anything keeps her up at night, it's the thought that she made the wrong choice mediating a dispute.
- She's also by far the nicest of the cats I currently own. I just have a mean ol' bag of cats. That doesn't mean Lori's a pushover though, especially if you activate her need to BE THE MOST RESPONSIBLE IN A GIVEN SITUATION.
- True to her lovebird-inspired design, Lorelei spends a lot of time preening her wing-feathers, and occasionally makes birdlike cheeps and chirps, especially if surprised or when thinking to herself. One of her nicknames, Lorikeet, is also bird-related, though altogether different than a lovebird (as such, she doesn't like the nickname that much, but it just kind of stuck).
8 Facts About Pavan
- Sapphique's children (by Zoltar and owned by me) all have names related to musical terminology, which Sapphique chose for them after they were old enough to begin to show definite personalities (which I looked up from an online glossary, because I know very little about music). A pavan/pavane is apparently "a slow processional dance common in Europe during the 16th century" (thanks Wikipedia), perfect for the bookish and even-tempered Wargrath.
- Pavan is the one who taught Sapphique and all of her children how to read and write, using tattered and discarded old books his sister Aria scavenged outside of Mount Wayvern.
- One of the books that Aria brought home was a patchy dictionary, which Pavan has gone through multiple times. Being able to put a name and a description to his surroundings was a great source of enjoyment and comfort to him, and it quickly became his favorite book. Having learned most of his vocabulary the old tome, he's insufferably verbose.
- Mrs. Chippy, the Sapphique Clan's family pet, is inexplicably aggressive towards Pavan, in spite of adamantly protecting all the rest of the Gibbly's children... perhaps it's his cold demeanor. in any case, he's completely indifferent to her dislike, and loves her - insofar as he's capable - all the same.
- Pavan was the first of Sapphique's children to leave her (other than the ones dead or presumed so), upon an invitation from a mysterious doctor to be his assistant. The chance to develop his knowledge and apply it to some useful purpose was a chance he couldn't let pass, and he consequently abandoned his remaining siblings. Though he begged Aria to join him, she had to stay behind and take care of the weaker members of the brood. However, she covered for him when he slipped out under cover of night, and they remain close on the occasions she visits.
- Pavan and Briar used to be incredibly close, until they had a falling out over the death of their siblings, Cadenza and Phase (Phase wasn't actually dead, but that's a different story), as well as Briar aligning himself with their most aggressive and arguably "evil" brother, Lyre. Pavan regrets disavowing Briar, and secretly works in his free time to find a cure/compensation for Briar's genetic disease, Ravioa.
- In spite of being a son of Zoltar, Pavan has never gotten access to his ice snake form - in fact, only Aria has successfully managed the transformation. Whether or not he's capable of turning into a giant fluffy snake is up in the air, as he has no real desire to, and has never made a serious effort to see if he can. If given a chance, however, he would like to study the ability in Aria.
- On the subject of Zoltar... Pavan has never met his estranged dad, and isn't keen to, somewhat intimidated by Sapphique's stories of his father's countless evil deeds and delightfully (according to her) nasty disposition. While he hasn't quite followed in his father's villainous footsteps, however, Pavan is definitely lacking in the "moral compass" department - so perhaps the two have more in common than the Wargrath thinks.
Anyone who wants to do this! (-:0 Also... Sorry if you guys don't like being tagged. Or don't like memes. Or me.
1. Inkcess's Tammy!
2. Sparkling-Jade's Tori!
3. fanface's Trophe!
4. Calliopius's Tibicen!
5. dessieh's Andy!
6. Lyranell's Humphrey, Luna, or both! Or Plumpy! Gosh, all of them!
7. periwinkIe-wings's Raidyn!
8. DarlingJess's Deklan! (I know you did one for Liana so no presh to make a whole nother journal)